Along with 9 other emblematic European festivals, the Brussels Short Film Festival launched in 2019 the first European Short Film Audience Award (ESFAA): a selection of the very best European short films of last year awarded with a national audience award.
The competition will take place between 10 short films which have already won a national public prize in the following festivals:
- Brussels Short Film Festival (Belgium)
- Short Waves Festival (Poland)
- Curtas Vila do Conde International Film Festival (Portugal)
- Lviv International Short Film Festival Wiz Art (Ukraine)
- Encounters Short Film and Animation Festival Bristol (United-Kingdom)
- ALCINE – Festival de Cine de Alcalá de Henares (Spain)
- Interfilm International Film Festival Berlin (Germany)
- Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival (France)
- Tampere Film Festival (Finland)
- Go Short International Short Film Festival Nijmegen (Netherlands)
NEFTA FOOTBALL CLUB by Yves Piat – France – 2018 – 27′ – Fiction (Clermont-Ferrand Short Film Festival Audience Award)
The film received €3500 offered by the Representation of the European Commission in Belgium.
UNE SOEUR by Delphine Girard – Belgium – 2018 – 16’29 » – Fiction (Brussels Short Film Festival Audience Award)
The film received €3500 offered by the Brussels Short Film Festival.